Model 5000 and model 6000 controllers are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of shipment from factory.
Model 55xx sensor replacement modules and sensor replacement modules supplied installed in 50xx or 60xx series control units are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of shipment from factory. Typical expected sensor life varies with each model of sensor and the environmental conditions of the installation. See specific sensor module product data for more information.
During the warranty period Opera will repair or replace defective components and test for conformance with original specification.
Warranty does not cover
- damage caused by improper installation by un-qualified persons
- damage due to installation not conforming to guidelines outlined in Opera Operation Manual
- damage caused by flood, fire, vandalism, and lightning
- field services and travel expenses
Opera liability is limitted to the repare, and replacement of defective components and does not include other costs or charges in excess of the amount of the original equipment invoice purchased.
- Obtain a return authorization from Opera prior to shipment of defective units
- Print the returned material authorisation (RMA) number on the outside of the package and on the shipping document and a description of the problem
- Package the item securely in a shipping carton
- Ship prepaid to Opera factory
- Opera will repair or replace the returned unit at its discretion according to the warranty terms above. Opera will estimate repair costs on non-warranty repairs and advise purchaser prior to preceding with repairs..