Installation Guidelines model 6000
Important. All wiring must conform to local building codes, regulations and laws. If the equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired.
- Use ½ in EMT conduit for all wiring.
- A switch or circuit breaker must be included in the installation. It must be suitably located and easily reached in a secure location and identified as the disconnect for the “Gas Detection System”.
- Install enclosed 120/24 vac transformer, 5 va per sensor or controller, using 18 to 20 AWG two conductor wire. Do not tie the secondary to ground. Connect multiple sensors. Ensure that the polarity of the connections is the same at each sensor or controller.
- Connect relay contacts (usually relay 1) to ventilation system. Use a magnetic starter so that the sensor contacts energize the starter coil and not the fan motor directly.
- For multiple sensors interconnect using the CAN network. Chain a shielded twisted pair cable 22 to 24 AWG from screw 11 and 12 on one sensor, to the next and continue chain to the last sensor. Maintain the same polarity on each unit. Do not use star configuration. T connections should be less than 3 meters (10 feet) from the chain. Best to make all chain connections at the sensors to avoid T connections.
- Move the end-of-line jumper (the one above terminal 11, 12) to the on position (UP) on the first sensor, or controller, on the chain and the last sensor/controller on the chain. A controller can be located anywhere on the chain. Ensure its EOL jumper is off if it is in the middle. Any sensor/controller address can be in any location on the chain.
- Power on the units. They will display the gas type and reading. To verify if sensors are communicating correctly, change setting on one unit. Press → to, option 56. Press ↑ from 0 to 1 to turn on the network display. Press ↑ and ← simultaneously to save, then press and hold ← for a few seconds to return home. The unit will display each sensor connected. If the unit does not display the other sensors scrolling by, check the following;
- each unit must have a unique address, setting 39, with no duplicates
- end-of-line jumpers are set on units at ends of cable only
- polarity of the communication cable and the 24 vac is the same on all units
- verify wire connections for shorts, and loose wires, etc.
- To further test communication, press and hold the up button on a sensor for 5 seconds to start manual mode (5 minutes). This will close the relay 1 on that unit and all of the other units on the network. See section 5 of the Operation Manual to set up a configuration for multiple zones.